TRANSACT STRUCTURED QUERY LANGUAGE
This is a 4th generated intermediate language between user and SQL Server. Whenever user wants to interact with SQL Server, he has to interact with SQL Server through T-SQL. It includes the following Sub Languages
- DDL (Data Definition Language)
- DML (Data Manipulation Language)
- DCL (Data Control Language)
- TCL (Transaction Control Language)
Things to Observe:
- While writing the Queries using T-SQL in SQL Server Management Studio we need not to follow any particular case. Because T-SQL is case insensitive language.
- After writing the Query, we need to select that query using either mouse or keyboard.
- Now Press F5 ( Execute Key).
- Then the results are displayed in a separate window called Result window or Result Pane.
- Use Ctrl+R to Hide/Show the Result window or Result Pane.
- Use F8 for Object Explorer
- SQL SERVER can handle nearly 32767 Databases
- Each Database can handle nearly 2 billion Database Objects.
- Each Table can handle nearly 1024 columns
- Each Table can handle nearly 1 million Rows.