1. Check the log file size by using DBCC sqlperf(logspace), we can increase log size up to 2TB.
2. Purging the old files.
3. Take a Log Backup if database in full recovery model i. Backup log dbname to disk =’path’
4. Run the checkpoint if database in simple recovery model.
5. Increase the LOG file size or Enable Auto Growth (Make sure it’s not set to Maximum).
6. Add one more T-Log file from another drive.
7. Shrink the file Use dbname Go DBCC shrinkfile (<transactionlogname>,1).
8. Request windows team to add more space.
9. If the recovery model is Full change to Simple 10. Find the long running transactions and kill after approval.